Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pcs Unable To Connect To The Internet, Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ChrisKitchen

ChrisKitchen

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:36 AM

Hi,
I have a Netgear wireless router and a Netgear internal hardware firewall that I have installed onto my network and the PCs that sit behind the internal firewall are unable to connect to the internet. For a basic diagram of the network please see:

http://www.sqlassociates.co.uk/NetworkIssue.bmp

The UserPC is unable to connect to the internet.

The UserPC can ping both sides of the Internal Firewall, the WEBServer, and also the External Firewall IP address but is unable to ping anything beyond that eg. www.bbc.co.uk

This would suggest that the internal firewall and the external firewall are correctly configured as the ping packets are getting through OK.

The VPNServer is currently setup to route traffic until this issue has been resolved.

The WEBServer can connect to the internet without any issues.

Any suggestions as to why the UserPC is unable to connect to the internet or even ping a web address would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 N0nc3ntz

N0nc3ntz

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:22 PM

hmmm thats a pretty unique problem I would say.
- first how are your packets being framed as the go through your external firwall??
- Did you setup DNS names for your machines, if so try to ping via hostname and see if there is a response
- third, jesus thats a petty unique problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users