Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Antispyware (beta)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 davenetd

davenetd

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 02 March 2005 - 03:53 PM

Excuse any ignorance in this post, it is my first attempt at any forum.

I downloade MS Antispyware (Beta) onto my PC and ran a deep scan. When I analyzed the infected files and folders I didn't notice that my P2P files were on the list for removal. This has caused my Kazaa program to completely quit working. Unlike most users, I bought Kazaa plus for 29.95 so I wouldn't have as many problems with popups, spyware, etc.. Is there any way I can restore these removed files so that I can continue to use my software without repurchasing it, and if so could you give detailed how to instructions. I'm decently educated on PC's, but details would still be very helpful.

P.S. I tried to find the original setup file downloaded for Kazaa but had no luck. Please help me to keep from paying those money pits any more than I have to.
:thumbsup:
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2005 - 11:18 AM

See if this helps:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tut...html#quarantine

#3 davenetd

davenetd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2005 - 11:43 AM

Grinler:

This area is for quarantined items only. My files were actually removed. It says "permenently remove", but I still wondered if they could be retrieved somehow.

Thank You for your reply
Dave
Posted Image

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2005 - 12:34 PM

If they have been permanently removed then they are probably deleted off of your machine and unfortunately you woul dnot have access to them anymore. You should email kazaa and see if they will give you another download for it

#5 davenetd

davenetd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2005 - 08:53 AM

Has anyone ever used any programs like Undelete. If so, do you think that this will work with my problem?

Thanks for your replies grinler
Dave
Posted Image

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2005 - 10:33 AM

You can try them, but they usually do not work unless you run them immediately after you delete the files

#7 davenetd

davenetd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2005 - 02:53 PM

Thanks for the help Grinler.

Will probably just rebuy the software. (that sucks!)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users