I however am still considering, which to do, build it or, buy it straight. People tell me it would be cheaper to build it yourself. (Which is logical I guess) But I have been doing a bit of research and found some computers, (Which is what I'm roughly looking for) for around the price I'm willing to spend.
I will list the what I would like in my New computer as follows:
1. CPU - Core2 Quad 2.4GHz.
2. Motherboard - XFX Socket 775 Motherboard with nVidia 680I Chipset.
3. RAM - I am still considering what I need. (Note: I will be doing a fair bit of Photoshopping, I have been recommended to get a 2Gb of 1066MHz RAM)
4. Graphics Card - A pair of XFX nVidia 8800GTS.
5. Hard Drive - A pair of 500GB SATA2 HD with a 16MB cache from Western Digital.
6. Monitor - Not sure what is possible and would be suited to this sort of PC.
However, this will cost me a bit more than I plan to spend, especially when I still need to get the Mouse & Keyboard.
I will also list a PC I have found that come already built:
The first has:
~ ASUS 22" VW222U Ultrafast 2ms 16:10 Widescreen LCD DVI, HDCP.
~ iCute Gaming Case with 25cm Cooling Fan, True 500W Power Supply.
~ Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz, 8Mb Cache CPU, Intel P35 Chipset Motherboard.
~ Corsair 4Gb DDR2 Memory, 500GB SATA HD.
~ nVidia GeForce 8600GT Dedicated 512Mb graphics (I can add $249 for 8800GT 512Mb)
~ Logitech Wireless Keyboard & Mouse.
~ Vista Home Premium 64bit.
~ Creative 2.1 Subwoofer Speakers.
+ 1 Year Desktop Warranty.
All this for a total of AUS$1,699, however I don't think I will need the Subwoofers.
I guess overall my main questions, would be:
1. For what I would like to have, would it be better that I build it, or find something similar?
2. What would your total estimate be if I were to buy the parts, and build it myself?
3. Is the PC advertised as good, better than what I have in mind?
4. In the PC advertised, it talks about the nVidia graphics, is it worth upgrading to the other one due to the price?
Thanks for reading this far, and for all your help/tips.
ALSO: Is it better to keep XP as an OS, or the New Vista?
Edited by ill_Nino, 09 January 2008 - 04:29 AM.