Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Radeon R9550-cdt Install Problem

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 tomtay

tomtay

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 09 January 2008 - 04:15 AM

Hi there,

I recently installed a new graphic card a radeon r9550-cdt. I found the drivers for this on-line and during installing these i got a message saying that a file was missing namely atimtag.sys. Could anyone tell me what this means and where to find this file with out having to pay a fortune for it. Oh and I am running on xp pro.

Regards,

Thomas :thumbsup:

Edited by tomtay, 09 January 2008 - 05:09 AM.

Regards,
Thomas Taylor

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:20 AM

Uninstall the ati drivers for add and remove programs. Try to reinstall the latest ATI driver http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst...p=xp/radeonx-xp
Download the 45mb driver suite.

Edited by Monty007, 09 January 2008 - 05:35 AM.

MCP
MSDST

#3 tomtay

tomtay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:12 AM

I think I already downloaded that one but I'll give it a bash just in case. I removed the drivers and now I have the yellow marks in device manager well 3 of them. 1 in the video controller which is near the top of the list and the other two on other devices which must be the graphic card. If that makes sense to you :thumbsup: . Just waiting to download that drivers I'll be back!!

Edited by tomtay, 09 January 2008 - 01:36 PM.

Regards,
Thomas Taylor

#4 tomtay

tomtay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:36 PM

Right I downloaded that on my laptop put the drivers on a disk but when I put the disk on my PC and go to the add hardware wizard it does not see the file on the disk but when I click explore on the cd rom the file is there. Also I removed the video controler from the device manager :thumbsup: how do I get that back.
Regards,
Thomas Taylor

#5 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:39 PM

Just run the setup .exe file and install.
MCP
MSDST

#6 tomtay

tomtay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2008 - 04:36 AM

I already tried that and ended up with an error but I'm heading to work :thumbsup: so I'll try again later and get the error code it's one of those 000000... code I can't remember what it was. That driver you told me to download has to be it I thought I already downloaded it but it was the 17 mb one I had.

Edited by tomtay, 10 January 2008 - 05:01 AM.

Regards,
Thomas Taylor

#7 tomtay

tomtay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:48 PM

I'm getting failed to initalize properly error 0xc0000006. I think life would be easier going back to my old card
Regards,
Thomas Taylor

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:25 PM

I have an ATI AIW 9600 and it won't install properly using anything but the drivers issued with it. None of the Catalyst drivers issued since then yield the same performance and I have stopped trying to use the Catalyst updated drivers.

ATI cards/chipsets are finicky, in my experience. Once something goes wrong, I just remove all traces of anything ATI in the registry and in files...reboot and reinstall (using the original ATI CD).

It's important that everything load...if you are going to download drivers, do so from the ATI/AMD website and follow the specific instructions (including installing Microsoft.NET) in the order suggested.

Is that an Abit card/chip? I seem to be wasting my time looking for driver support there, one of the worst sites I've ever seen, IMO.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 10 January 2008 - 05:40 PM.

#9 tomtay

tomtay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2008 - 04:00 PM

I already got those drivers from there cheers anyway.

I thought I better mention this but I got the card from a PC my friend gave me as he claimed the motherboard was fried which I reckon aint true. He was told the graphic card can't work on his motherboard(asrock p4i65g) due to it running on a different voltage, can that be right? and if so could the card be damaged.
As I said in an earlier post the first drivers I installed was missing that one file but it took the yellow explination mark away from the side of the graphic card in device manager well one of them the video controller underneath still had the mark beside it does that mean the card is ok?

Edited by tomtay, 10 January 2008 - 08:51 PM.

Regards,
Thomas Taylor

#10 tomtay

tomtay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:08 PM

I got it sorted thanks all for the help.
Regards,
Thomas Taylor

#11 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:15 PM

I got it sorted thanks all for the help.

So please share with us how this problem was solved.
MCP
MSDST

#12 tomtay

tomtay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:03 AM

Its a bit stupid on my behalf the drivers you told me to download ended up working I put the wrong rom in the PC I thought I had the DVD rom in but it was the cdrom. I put the drives onto a dvd thats why the pc couldn't read it :thumbsup:
Regards,
Thomas Taylor

#13 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:03 AM

Well as long as it works.
MCP
MSDST

#14 tomtay

tomtay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:58 PM

well I say it works I still have the yellow marks beside the card in device manager but I can play far cry. When it finished instaling the drivers the pc reboots and when it re starts i got an error can't remember the error but it was 0x00000... something. The next problem is sound lol but I can take it from here thanks again monty007 for your time and patience.

----------------------------

EDIT

I am a :flowers: fool the marks were beside the sound card.

The PC I am using was from a friend he thought it was fried but it was just xp that was corupted on it so I reinstalled xp and forgot to install the drivers.

Every time I boot the pc up i get mom.exe has to shutdown it has something to do with the graphic card but as I said Far cry I running on max so :thumbsup: knows.

Edited by tomtay, 22 January 2008 - 07:54 PM.

Regards,
Thomas Taylor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users