Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With Pe_trats.a

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 heels05

heels05

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:15 AM

hello just joined up hoping to find some solutions. I recently received a message from trend micro that said i have PE_TRATS.A and i also have alot of pop ups starting to appear. I have trend micro and ad ware se and spyware bot. I scan pretty regularly but i am now all of a sudden getting pop ups and recieving message from trend micro about PE_TRATS.A, its a virus or Trojan i think not sure. I'm not sure how to remove it and it is messing with some .exe files. I need to direction and help. Trend didn't really have a solution, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 heels05

heels05
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:24 AM

Oh and i have some wired errors involving system32 can open things correctly, on start up. There are about 4 messages, and I am assuming theses are and occurance of: PE_TRATS.A

#3 heels05

heels05
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:00 AM

Anybody? any help would be appreciated......

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,994 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:50 AM

Welcome to BC :flowers:

I suggest you follow the directions in this guide. Then create an HJT log, you will find the directions in the guide.

Create a new topic in this forum, not here and give it a good descriptive title. Briefly summarize what the problems are, what you have done to try to solve it, and what worked and didn't work and paste in your HJT log.

After you post your log, DO NOT make any further changes to your computer: deleting files, editing the registry, using special fix tools, installing or uninstalling software etc. as this will make it more difficult for the HJT team to help you.

Please be patient as the HJT team is very busy. DO NOT bump your log as the team may think that someone is already helping you. If you have not had a response in five days, add a response to the five days no response topic and paste in the link to your thread.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:35 AM

errors involving system32 can open things correctly, on start up. There are about 4 messages

Can you be more specific? Exactly what do the error messages say?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users