Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Setting Up Mutiple Users

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 a_yts0718

a_yts0718

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:25 PM

I recently set up my computer to use have mutiple users. After doing so every time I try to send something to myself at work e-mail; which is an @bankofamerica.com address but I can send if I am logged in as the Admin, i receive this error message from Outlook Express:

"The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'adam.n.stymiest@bankofamerica.com'. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.comporium.net', Server: 'mail.comporium.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Relaying denied', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79"

Is this something that is being blocked by my home network or one of the e-mail servers that it is communicating with?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks In Advance
Adam

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:39 PM

This link might end your problem:

http://www.hostmysite.com/support/email/not-sending/

#3 a_yts0718

a_yts0718
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:25 AM

Yeah that worked for the e-mail thanks. Also since I have set up the other users when they log on, I have XP with a program called BigFix, which says that they don't have acess privledges for that program. I know I can right click on it and do "run as user" is there any way I could make it start like that permanently or another way to fix that issue? And my Kodak Software updater does the same thing, says "Data In Use By Another User"

Thanks In Advance

Adam

#4 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:02 AM

A search on Google for BigFix says that it is a Security Program and works pretty much the same as Windows Update. Since the program has to install security updates, that's why it requires to be run with an account which has administrator privileges. This prevents unauthorized users installing unnecessary or potentially harmful updates without the administrator's knowledge. You can compare an 'administrator' to a Head Chef at a restaurant. So, other cooks 'cannot' edit the Menu or the Ingredients in a meal without the Chef's permission.

I don't know any other way of giving permanent administrative privileges to a Limited User Account other than changing the account type to an administrator user.

I would recommend that you just do the right click and 'run as administrator' option whenever you want to install any updates.

As for the Kodak Software Updater, I am not sure about it.

#5 a_yts0718

a_yts0718
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2008 - 06:32 PM

Ok thanks for the help.

Adam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users