Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Motherboard Inside A New Case Front Panel Usb Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 owfx

owfx

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:27 PM

I have managed to put my dell modified pc into a new case. i know this sint reccomended but ive done it and it all works apart from one thing, the front panel which has 2 usb slots. i put them into the slot that the dell case went into my usb wifi lit up but it doesnt get recognised by the pc anymore, so its fried, so i realised i plugged the connectors in wrong. the connectors are +vcc d+ and d- and the mobos from a dimension 4600 (dell). i know it a lot but does anyone know how to wire the usb slts into the front panelthing properly?

thanks,owfx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 09 January 2008 - 04:46 PM

We may be able to look it up. we would need the dell service ID tag located on the back of the computer.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users