Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Stuck On Welcome Screen

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Darkfire

Darkfire

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 08 January 2008 - 04:40 PM

Vista gets stuck at the welcome screen, restarted into safe mode and got the BSOD.

Heres the error: Stop: 0x000000F4 (0x000000003,0x86F44D90, 0x8FDB8CD4, 0x00000000)

win32k sys-address 8FDB8CD4 base at 8FC00000, date stamp 46d4163

It hasn't been used in abouta week, i dunno wuts up. I can't reinstall my OS cause I had it pre installed and didn't get any discs.

Now I can't even get to the login screen it just fails to load.

I've done pretty much everything. I'm on a new laptop.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 08 January 2008 - 07:48 PM

Ouch.... this is why you try and wait until the first service pack.

Try and see if you've got a partition where you can see if you use a "destructive restore"

If you can, you should be able to somehow see if whatever company you bought it from has a set of install discs you could buy from them.

You're just gonna have to get a copy of vista CDs/DVDs from somewhere... but everything you will have had will be gone.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#3 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 09 January 2008 - 04:49 AM

Thge error code reports "0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION"
"One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message."

Try a system restore point to when you know the OS was running OK.

Edited by Monty007, 09 January 2008 - 04:49 AM.

MCP
MSDST

#4 Darkfire

Darkfire
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:41 PM

Thats the problem, its a new laptop, i got it not even 2 weeks ago, and barely have had time to use it, or create a restore point. I don't care if my data is lost I didn't have much on there.

Is it possible I can take it back and have someone fix it?

#5 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:49 PM

You will need your Vista OS dvd to run repair http://vistasupport.mvps.org/windows_vista...air_options.htm
Vista automatically save system restore points I would try that first.
MCP
MSDST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users