Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Process Hptra08.exe Taking Up Almost 30 Cpu Usage.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jasonh1818

Jasonh1818

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:17 PM

I have a dell computer with 1gb of ram and a intel® Celeron® 2.40 GHz processing chip. I looked under processes in task manager and noticed that quite a bit of my cpu is being used up from a process that is named hpqtra08.exe. what is this process and why is it taking so much of my cpu? the only hp product I use is my printer is this what could be using up my cpu? If so how do I fix this problem so my computer wont be slow due to this process sapping away at my cpu.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 08 January 2008 - 04:01 PM

The hpqtra08.exe process provides you with a system tray icon that assists when diagnosing problems with your Hewlett Packard printer. It shouldn't cause any problems to stop it from running. You can restart it if needed.

Press the Windows and R keys then type services.msc in the resulting window scroll down and look for the hpqtra08.exe process and double-click on it > In the Startup type box use the arrow to scroll down to choose Disabled click Apply and reboot

Then see if the tray icon still appears. It is best to make a note of the service you are stopping, just incase you need to go back and start it again if you don't like the results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users