Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Computer Starts And Goes To Boot Screen But Wont Start Up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 starsglowin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:42 PM

last night my computer froze and i had to shut it down holding the power button. since then when i have tried to turn it on, it first looks like its gonna load, but then goes to the screen w/ the 3 safe mode options to start in, and to start in windows normally. the arrow keys will not work for me, so i cant get to safe mode and dont know how. after it waits for 30 seconds, it will start in normal mode, and go the the screen where it looks like its gonna load, the "Windows XP Professional" screen, where there is the time bar thing (not sure what thats called). once it is there, the screen will turn black and then restart and go back to the startup page w/ the safe mode options and normal mode option. rinse and repeat. i dont know what to do and any help will be appreciated. thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tomo2

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:29 PM

If using keys at boot won't work and XP can't start then you could try using you XP installation disk to boot windows or try a linux OS on a dvd. If you still can't get it to go then try a repair install off the XP disk. http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

L&P, World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago!
Posted Image
Avast! Antivirus : Spybot S&D : Trend Micro Housecall : Hosts file : HiJack This
Don't be too open minded - your brains will fall out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users