Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Feeling I'm Being Cheated

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mariska

mariska

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:11 AM

Hi i was wondering if u could shed some light on this ,i would be very grateful,
I recently upgraded from a 1mb DSL connection to a 2mb connection but notice no real difference in connection speed...
I've done a connection speed test and the result was 1683.05kbits/s.
Can u tell me is this consistent with a 2mb dsl connection speed?If so,why do i not notice any difference from the 1mb connection?

Thanks alot
Regards
Chris

My apologies for posting in the wrong forum...just noticed

Edited by mariska, 08 January 2008 - 11:15 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Wassim

Wassim

• Members
  • 376 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 09 January 2008 - 04:50 PM

Maybe ur connection is shared and not dedicated.
If ur browsing light websites most of the times u wont notice the difference with the two connections, u can be sure of that by checking ur transfer rate when ur downloading. on 1 Mbit/s bandwidth u should be able to download at 128 Kbytes/sec of course most probably u will never reach 128 kbytes/sec u will be around that maybe 110 kbytes/sec at 2 Mbits/sec u will be able to download at 256 kbytes/sec anf again u wont reach it u will be around it, maybe 230 kbytes/sec.

U also should not forget that the more u are far from the phone distribution line in ur town the more less bandwidth u will get so maybe the loss of the bandwidth is due to the distance.

call the support of ur ISP to know more.
"Stuffy Hall Admin of the Typing Skills Enhancing School Program"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users