Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Messed Up Folders

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 madeupfile

madeupfile

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:40 PM

Posted Image

this is what i want folders to look like

but mine isent i have it on the upload thingy

id like to change it back to the other one and i dont know how

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 madman6510

madman6510

• Members
  • 384 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:50 PM

Right click on your desktop, and click properties. Change to the desktop tab, and select "Windows XP" as the background (assuming you want your desktop to be exactly like that, if not then just pick another picture). Then move to the appearance tab, and change the windows and buttons option to Windows XP style. Set the color scheme to silver. Click OK. Now press start, right click on My Computer, and select properties. Move to the advanced tab, and click "Settings" under performance. Now check "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop", and press OK. Your desktop should look pretty again. :thumbsup:

Edited by madman6510, 07 January 2008 - 11:05 PM.

#3 madeupfile

madeupfile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:06 PM

i dont mean background i mean the color around the text of the folders/shortcuts ect... here got it highlighted 4 yea

off for tonight

Attached Files

Edited by madeupfile, 07 January 2008 - 11:07 PM.

#4 madman6510

madman6510

• Members
  • 384 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:09 PM

Right click on your desktop, and click properties. Change to the desktop tab, and select "Windows XP" as the background (assuming you want your desktop to be exactly like that, if not then just pick another picture). Then move to the appearance tab, and change the windows and buttons option to Windows XP style. Set the color scheme to silver. Click OK. Now press start, right click on My Computer, and select properties. Move to the advanced tab, and click "Settings" under performance. Now check "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop", and press OK.

Follow the last part.

Edited by madman6510, 07 January 2008 - 11:09 PM.

#5 madeupfile

madeupfile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2008 - 04:11 PM

ok right now im at a diff computer i turned it off and its like at home but when i was at home comp it didnt work ill retry it but im prtty sure i had thought u said turn it off last night but im sure itll work thanks!

#6 madeupfile

madeupfile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:09 PM

bah! didnt work!!!! : :thumbsup:

Attached Files

Edited by madeupfile, 09 January 2008 - 08:59 AM.

#7 madeupfile

madeupfile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:41 PM

some help on this would be nice...

#8 madeupfile

madeupfile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:44 PM

well sence no one helped i just made a new file on windows....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users