Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Having Problems With A Script Box Constantly Showing

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 pamjdale

pamjdale

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:37 PM

I am operating with Windows Me. When I am using Firefox, I consistently get this script box, " Warning: Unresponsive Script: A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete". Then it shows buttons for "stop script" and one for "continue". It does the same thing whether I click on stop script or whether I click on continue. It keeps coming back. I have tried rebooting. That doesn't help. I have an eBay store, and while I am managing my store, it does it all the time. So far while writing this, it hasn't happened. Any ideas as to what I can try next? Thanks :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:13 AM

Pamjdale

Does the issue persist since I told you to uninstall McAfee Site Advisror in another thread?
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 pamjdale

pamjdale
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:26 AM

Hi. This is a new problem. Actually, I have three problems, but dealing with them one at-a-time! lol
I had started a "new topic" concerning my second problem. You helped me with the first problem, and that one has been taken care of, thank you again for your help with that one! I am NOT having any more problems with the Siteadv problem.
Any ideas on what to do with the script problem? I am finding that my problem only happens while I am on firefox and when I am managing my ebay store. I tried it while on Internet Explorer and in my ebay store, and the script box does not appear. I like working with firefox more than with IE, that's why I am trying to fix this annoying problem. Any ideas? Thanks again for your help.

#4 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:15 AM

Do you have Webroot Spy Sweeper installed?

#5 pamjdale

pamjdale
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:52 AM

Hi...No I do not have Webroot Spy Sweeper. I did do a search just in case, and I do not have that. Was that a possibility?

Thanks, you're a sweety for trying to help me :thumbsup:

#6 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:55 AM

See if this helps Unresponsive script

#7 pamjdale

pamjdale
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:24 PM

THANKS! I will try this!

#8 pamjdale

pamjdale
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:17 AM

Hello "eyesee". I have a stupid question to ask you. I know a little bit about computers. Not like you do, but some to get around with, then I come to YOU for the BIGGER problems :thumbsup: the information you gave me wasn't enough for me to understand. Where the "Letting the script run longer" is at, it mentions typing "about:config" in the location bar and press enter. Okay, what "location bar" are they talking about? I feel really dumb here, but I had no idea what they were meaning. BTW, the only place where I am getting these unresponsive scripts is within my ebay store, and only within my "selling listings", no where else. Not in my "sold listings" and not in my "watching listings", and no where else in ebay. I will try this again if you can tell me what they mean by "location bar". Thanks again

#9 Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner

• Members
  • 1,383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 10 January 2008 - 02:40 AM

Hi pamjdale

The locatiom bar or address bar should be at the top of your screen and while looking at this page should read:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/124698/having-problems-with-a-script-box-constantly-showing/?p=707992

Hope that helps!

DC

Edited by Demon Cleaner, 10 January 2008 - 02:42 AM.

#10 pamjdale

pamjdale
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:53 PM

Hi Demon cleaner! I tried what you suggested. The problem was only in my ebay store, and only when I was within my "selling" listings. I tried it within those listings. Some of them it worked and others it did not. Strange. I left thme as is. I did not change it back to the default numbers. Is that okay to do? I'll just keep clicking the script box. If there is anything else I can do, please let me know. Thanks again

#11 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:25 PM

Are you using Ebay Seller Assitant to do this with? I heard it is buggy

Check also to see if it works correctly with Internet Explorer just as an experiment.

#12 pamjdale

pamjdale
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:41 AM

I haven't been using ebay seller assistant. I enter each listing myself. I have already tried it while in internet explorer. It does not happen while in there, only with firefox. I like working in firefox. To me, it seems much better. Thanks.

#13 tswsl1989

tswsl1989

• Members
  • 260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:20 AM

Have you tried on firefox on another PC,?or updating your version of firefox?
Tom

Tswsl1989
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

#14 pamjdale

pamjdale
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2008 - 01:18 AM

I have not tried on another computer yet. I checked to see if there is a newer version of Firefox. I am using the newest version. I'll just keep hitting the end script button. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users