Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected A Virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kakarot

kakarot

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:35 PM

Well My laptop encounter a virus, reinstall XP to it working condition trying to connect to a wireless network still getting the
1*9.2*4.51.1*8 which it doesn't exit. It is showing that I'm connected but when I open IE the page show nothing.
Any help would be great I'm stun.

Mod Edit: Edited IP address. ~TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 08 January 2008 - 12:58 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tomo2

Tomo2

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:19 PM

Enter the IP Here for more info about it.
Are you sure thats not your own IP?
Can you elaborate a bit more on your problem please?

L&P, World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago!
Posted Image
Avast! Antivirus : Spybot S&D : Trend Micro Housecall : Hosts file : HiJack This
Don't be too open minded - your brains will fall out

#3 blackchaos93

blackchaos93

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:36 AM

Ok, first off, it's not wise to post your IP address on a website that the public can view, so I hope the mods see this and remove it.

Umm have you tried getting rid of this virus first?

Try running a network diagnostic first. Click Start, then Help and Support, and then click Tools (it's under See Also). Then look to your left and press network diagnostics and then press Set Scanning Options. Make sure everything is checked except the Verbose one. Then press Save Options and then click Scan Your System. See what that comes up with.

You can also try pinging 127.0.0.1 or Google to see if your network connections are intact. To do that go to Start, Run, then type in "cmd" (no parentheses). When the command line opens, type in ping www.google.com or ping 127.0.0.1.

Last thing you have to check is if your firewall is on. Experimentally try turning it off and see if IE works. *I don't recommend you do this one without consulting one of the HJT team or mods/admins here first.

It could also be that the virus deleted something key in to cause it not to run. You can try reinstalling IE or try installing Mozilla Firefox and see if it works.
I hate my life :(

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:04 AM

kakarot, is this a problem you are dealing with since getting rid of a virus?
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users