Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Am I Infected What Do I Do

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sonu41

sonu41

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:58 PM

helllo my dear friends
my comp seems to be infected with virus Win32/NSAnti, whenever i'm trying to open a drive in my comp (internal or external ) error message on my Antivirus flashes saying Virus detected in c:\document`1\nvsiva`1\locals`1\temp\d5acp.dll virus found

I've tried scanning my system with AVG free Ed, Norton antivirus 2005, AVG antispyware, Spybot etc, bot the problem seems to be persisting.

i have followed these steps

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop. DO NOT use yet.
Please download Sysclean Package & save it to your desktop.

* Create a new folder on drive "C:\" and rename it Sysclean - (C:\Sysclean).
* Place the sysclean.com inside that folder.
* Then download the latest Virus Pattern Files - (Pattern files are usually named lptxxx.zip, where xxx is the pattern file number)
* Extract (unzip) the lptxxx.zip pattern file into the Sysclean folder where you put sysclean.com. (Click here for information on how to extract a file if your not sure how to do this. DO NOT scan yet.

Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.

* Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
* Click the Empty Selected button.
* If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
* If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
* Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

Scan with Sysclean as follows:

* Open the Sysclean folder and double-click on sysclean.com to start the scanning process.
* Put a check mark on the "Automatically clean or delete infected files" option by clicking in the checkbox.
* Click the Advanced >> button.
* The scan options appear. Select the "Scan all local fixed drives".
* Click the "Scan button" on the Trend Micro System Cleaner console.
* It will take some time to complete. Be patient and let it clean whatever it finds.
* Another MS-DOS window appears containing the log file (sysclean.log) generated in the same folder where the scan is completed - C:\Sysclean.
* To view the log, click the "View button" on the Trend Micro System Cleaner console. The Trend Micro Sysclean Package - Log window appears.
o The Files Detected section shows the viruses that were detected by System Cleaner.
o The Files Clean section shows the viruses that were cleaned.
o The Clean Fail section shows the viruses that were not cleaned.
* Exit when done, reboot normally and re-enable your anti-virus program.

but it didnt work for me and moreover the command for show hidden files is not working, on changing the setting after clicking on apply and subsequently OK, when i check back the setting it is same as prior.

Most of the folders in my system are also showing some hidden files.
Please help

can u please suggest me any other way

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,486 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:26 PM

i have followed these steps

You should not be following specific instructions provided to someone else. Those instructions were most likely given under the guidance of a trained staff expert to help fix that particular member's problems, NOT YOURS. Before taking any action, the helper must investigate the nature of the malware issues and then formulate a fix for the victim. Although your problem may be similar, the solution could be different based on the kind of hardware, software, system requirements, etc. and the presence of other malware. Using someone else's fix instructions could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system. In the furture, it's best that you tell us what specific issues YOU are having rather than point to someone else.

This is a nasty infection which drops numerous malware files throughout your system. I have been assisting a couple other members but without being able to identify all the malware and use some tools I don't use in this forum the task is difficult.

Please read and follow all instructions in the pinned topic titled "Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log". You may have performed some of these steps already. If you can't perform a step, then skip and continue with the next. In step #9 there are instructions for downloading HijackThis and creating a log. (This is a self-extracting version which will automatically install the current version of HJT in the proper location.) If using Windows Vista, be sure to Run As Administrator.

When you have done that, post your log in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, NOT here, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts. A member of the Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer. If you post your log back in this thread, the response from the HJT Team will be delayed because your post will have to be moved. This means it will fall in line behind any others posted that same day.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. Please include the top portion of the HijackThis log that lists version information. An expert will analyze your log and reply with instructions advising you what to fix. After doing this, we would appreciate if you post a link to your log back here so we know that your getting help from the HJT Team.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your post or make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users