Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ativa 8gb Drive: Not Recognized, Tried Usual Fixes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cackalacky

cackalacky

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:05 PM

Hi all ~

I have been using an Ativa 8GB drive for monthes and never had a problem with it, left it plugged in on my front USB port all dayat work. Then it started to fink out a little. Meaning it would make the audio sound as if it had been unplugged or replugged in, then it would autoplay, then give me the usual "What do you want to do" - open files, take no action, etc. I thought I may have knocked it or it got loose.

Now when I plug it in, it isn't recognized at all and it won't even appear on the My Computer list. I have gone to device manager and tried to ok/enable everything. It wants a driver, but there is no driver for this. Ativa offers no support for this and I haven't found anything online.

I have tried the drive in other USB ports and 2 other computers, so it is definitely the drive and not the computer(s).

Using Windows XP, Dell Dimension 3100.

Please help as this contains lots of work files I need!!! Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:42 AM

You did say it was a USB drive, no?

I had the controller card go bad in my external case. I got one like this instead:

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-2-0-TO-IDE-ATA-SAT...1QQcmdZViewItem

and it works great. On IDE, SATA and 2.5" notebook drives. Very handy.

DR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users