Bagle.AF - MEDIUM-ON-WATCH RISKhttp://secunia.com/virus_information/10683/bagle.af/http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_126792.htmhttp://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyc...e=WORM_BAGLE.AFhttp://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data...firstname.lastname@example.org
This one is spreading significantly.
This is a mass-mailing worm with the following characteristics:
* contains its own SMTP engine to construct outgoing messages
* harvests email addresses from the victim machine
* the From: address of messages is spoofed
* attachment can be a password-protected zip file, with the password included in the message body.
* contains a remote access component (notification is sent to hacker)
* copies itself to folders that have the phrase shar in the name (such as common peer-to-peer applications; KaZaa, Bearshare, Limewire, etc)
* uses various mutex names selected from those W32/Netsky variants have used, in order to prevent those W32/Netsky variants running on infected machines.