Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comodo Firewall Probs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Paulrenno

Paulrenno

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:30 AM

I have installed the Comodo firewall onto a vista laptop but my wireless antenna icon is saying that the WLAN is disconnected.
When I uninstall comodo it is fine.

Is there a setting I can get into?

I had downloaded the 32 bit and using 'Basic' option with fewer alerts etc

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:10 PM

I know of several other people having the same disconnection problems with Comodo. We switched to Zone Alarm and it works fine.
Be sure to uninstall Comodo if you decide to try ZoneAlarm. Comodo seems to be harder to configure.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/ZoneAlarm_Free_d388.html

Select the Author's Site under Free Downloads From: in the center of the page. Hold down your Ctrl key before you select the author's site so that it will allow the download if you have a popup stopper. Keep holding Ctrl until the save box appears.

Someone else may be able to help you with the Comodo settings, I haven't had any luck on that, I think Zone Alarm is a better firewall anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users