Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ati2mtag Error

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Paulrenno

Paulrenno

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:05 AM

I seem to be a bit of a regular here with these problems I keep getting in 2008! All have been sorted by Bleeping.

I had an intermmittent problem restarting when shutting down. I thought I had fixed it (via bleeping help) by uninstallling avast and reinstalling, and doing a chckdisc.

Now it has happened again, and the only error in the event manager is 'event 45062 ati2mtag CRT invalid display type'

I did notice in Windows Update the other day, an update for my Radeon 9600 ATI - which I downloaded and it installed.
If that is the problem, how do I uninstall that update? Im clutching at straws because it may have nothing to do with that.

Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:28 AM

Try reinstalling your video driver.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Paulrenno

Paulrenno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:52 AM

Thanks but how do I do that?

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:44 AM

How to update a Windows hardware driver
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:49 AM

Update Those Drivers - http://www.cyberwalker.net/columns/aug00/310800.html

I have two ATI older (AIW 7500 and AIW 9600) cards and I find that the new drivers can be quirky. I only use the drivers which originally came with my cards and those seem to present the fewest problems.

I also find that...when the ATI drivers/software screw up, it's just best to uninstall everything that says ATI (files and registry) and then do a fresh install of the card, software, and drivers from the original CD.

Appears to be pertinent: http://support.ati.com/ics/support/default...uestionID=29385

Louis

#6 Paulrenno

Paulrenno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:24 PM

I have looked into Devise Manager at the adapters and it is the Radeon 9600 Pro Sec Family. However, there was a red cross on the monitor icon. I looked in properties and it said it wasnt working properly. I looked to update it (dont know how) and it did.
It now says its working properly and the red cross has gone. But will this happen again if I have the computer reboot instead of shutting down? or do you think that the problem is cleared?

#7 Rocco5955

Rocco5955

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:55 PM

However, there was a red cross on the monitor icon. I looked in properties and it said it wasnt working properly. I looked to update it (dont know how) and it did. It now says its working properly and the red cross has gone.

This will happen again if the file for your monitor gets corrupt, but you should be good. I was going to suggest looking for a MONITOR driver, as the video driver seems fine, but you seem to have taken care of it.

"Understanding is a three-edged sword." -- President John Sheridan

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 08 January 2008 - 04:09 PM

I cannot say if it will happen again.

I do know that my AIW 9600 card repeatedly "loses" its WDM capture driver...and I have to reinstall it in order to have my card work correctly. I don't know why or how the driver disappears...I only know that there are times that the card cannot detect it and utilize it.

I've never really seen a problem with a monitor, other than one which has outlived its usefulness and slowly fades away.

Louis

#9 Paulrenno

Paulrenno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2008 - 04:15 AM

Thanks

Ill cross my fingers and hope for the best!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users