Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Losing All Pages/windows Suddenly

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 janetlee

janetlee

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:56 AM

When I'm online, if I close one page/window while there's others open, they ALL close! The only thing left is the ISP (netzero) search bar. I have to click on it to bring a new page/window up and start all over again.
The other thing that happens is that sometimes when I click on the "send" button on an email I've written (NOT the netzero mail---I don't use it. I use "my way"), then the whole page will disappear and I have to do the same as I just explained in the other situation. It's also done it when I've tried to download photos when I am trying to make an ebay listing!
This is driving me nuts and is aggravating the mud out of me! Can anyone help?!?!?
Thanks!
janetlee

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:37 PM

Sorry you're having trouble. :thumbsup:

I don't have any technical info about this situation, but I did use the free version of NetZero for a while and had many similar problems. In general, I believe that paid or free third-party software for accessing the internet creates more trouble than it's worth.

Finally dumped it altogether and now use a semi-local ISP with unlimited connectivity for only $9.95 a month. :flowers:

Good luck to you.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:25 PM

Which browser are you using or is Net-Zero embedded into the default browser?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 janetlee

janetlee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:56 AM

Which browser are you using or is Net-Zero embedded into the default browser?
Mark

I believe it's embedded. I was sent a message thru ms windows that I could update to internet explorer 7 for windows xp, so I did. I think it's been since then that this has started, but I had also did a system recovery to get my pc back to how it was when I first bought it. after that I was getting ms update (it was legitimate ms windows updates, as I just checked back on the ms website).
So I'm up in the air as t what's going on. I've been using netzero for a long time and never had this problem before.
Thanks for any help you can give!

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:39 AM

In IE 7, go to Tools>Internet Options and click on the General tab. Click on the Settings button by Tabs. Click on the Restore Defaults button and see if that helps
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 janetlee

janetlee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:41 PM

Hi Garmanma!
I will try!
BTW, your doggy is adorable! :thumbsup:
janet

#7 janetlee

janetlee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:37 AM

When I want to close one of the pages/windows on the internet, ALL of the pages/windows close down. All that's left is the netzero toolbar. I have Windows XP.
I've posted about this before, but no one seemed to know what to do...I just copied down the error report code that I am asked if I want to send it to MS or not. This is what it is:
AppName: iexplore.exe
AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180
ModName: toolbar.dll
ModVer: 8.7.0.0
Offset: 00012506

Also, when I try to upload a photo to an ebay listing I'm trying to make, the window/page closes down just as soon as the photo is completed uploading! I really need to get this solved as I sell some on ebay and this is making it impossible! PLEASE HELP!!!

Edit: Merged this separate post with original post of same subject. ~ Animal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users