Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Computer Might Have Been Controlled Or Hacked By Someone.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 heilie

heilie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 06 January 2008 - 10:54 PM

How can you know for sure if your computer is being controlled or hacked ? and how to prevent? if my computer had been hacked, eveything in my computer such as pictures, music, videos and every activities that i do would have been shown on their computer or not? Recently, my computer has had some weird stuffs going on such as the display for I.E is different, the color of the title bar is not the one that I chose in display setting. I tried to set it back as it was before but I couldnt find the color setting for title bar anymore. It just disappeared. Now the display setting is totally different even though I didnt make any changes. Also when i signed in yahoo IM, my list had an empty folder that i tried to delete but then it appeared again the next times I signed in. I know some people that really want to see stuffs in my computer. One of them told me to download remote desktop control but I didnt. Some others can really hack if they want to. Please help me !!! Thanks alot in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2008 - 11:29 PM

Hello and welcome. Tell a bit about the PC.
What is your ,,,
Operating sytem (WP,Vista 2000 etc)
Antivirus
Antispyware
When were the last scans
Firewall
Connection type (dial ,cable,wired or wireless)
Do you have a router
Are there more than 1 PC connected
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 heilie

heilie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:26 PM

Hi, thanks for your concern.
I'm using Windows Vista, Kaspersky Internet Security.
The last scan was today, and KIS informed that I have riskware Hidden Data sending. Process is performing suspicious actions sending data using a trusted application .
Intended address: http://insider.msg.yahoo.com/client_ad.php

Each time I sign out and sign back in YM, the data transfer attempts in Privacy Control in KIS increase one more.
I tried to quaratine it but then it said this:
Error placing C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe in quarantine (access denied or object not found).
I was using Yahoo Messenger 9.0 version and it was working just fine, but then I had an empty folder kept appearing in my list as I had said in the last post. Also, couple of days ago, when I opened a chat window, it was just a blank gray window. I chatted online with Yahoo Helpers couple of times. They told me to change all kinds of stuffs but it didnt work. So then finally a technician told me to uninstall 9.0 version and reinstall the 8.1. I wanted to keep my message archive to save all of my convo before i reinstalled 8.1, so he guided me through to find Message Archive folder, which is supposed to have my Yahoo! ID or sth, but I dont have anything in that folder. It was just totally empty. Do you think sb tried to seeor get my Message Archive?
How do I find out that hidden file or data and delete it? I scanned viruses for Yahoo folder, but no threat was detected. What should I do now?
Also, I got these messages from KIS too:
Process C:\Windows\system32\runonce.exe (PID: 3892): suspicious action. Process trying to delete list of modules executed during system startup (key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce, value Launcher, data ).
Process C:\Windows\system32\runonce.exe (PID: 3892): suspicious action. Process trying to delete list of modules executed during system startup (key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce, value Launcher, data ).
Process C:\Windows\SMINST\Launcher.exe (PID: 3980): suspicious action. Process trying to write list of modules executed during system startup (key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce, value Launcher, data %WINDIR%\SMINST\launcher.exe).
Process C:\Windows\SMINST\Launcher.exe (PID: 3980): suspicious action. Process trying to write list of modules executed during system startup (key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce, value Launcher, data %WINDIR%\SMINST\launcher.exe).

KIS also blocked many popups and banners, but I wonder if I can do sth to prevent them to appear again, not just block them like that.
Oh, i'm in a dormitory now so I use school connection both wired and wireless, but wired more often.

Help me do sth please. I just dont feel secure at all each time I get online. I always have the feeling like everything I say is being shown on someone else's computer rather than the people that i'm actually talking to :thumbsup:
Thanks !!!

Edited by heilie, 16 January 2008 - 11:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users