Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Repair Vista System Restore

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 prop2130

prop2130

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 06 January 2008 - 08:07 PM

Vista system restore will create restore point but will not successfully restore system.
had same problem with XP, found fix, works great. Can't find fix for Vista
can anyone help?

Edited by boopme, 07 January 2008 - 01:06 PM.
{removed EMail address to spare spam bots~~Boopme}

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:18 AM

Since Windows Vista is a new operating system, and is still being patched and fixed you may found that there will be problems with your system and you have came across one. One thing you could try is (I know this is not the BEST idea) ring Microsoft and ask one of there tech's to guide you through it to make sure you are doing it the Microsoft way :huh:. They may even have a fix for it.

Best of luck!
I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

#3 Sumac

Sumac

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:50 AM

Hi, not sure if you have the same problem I did with System restore. When I tried to do a system restore it said something to the effect that the restore did not work. I found out that I had to turn off my Norton Antivirus before doing a restore. Hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users