Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unmountable_boot_volume

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PoweredByGoogle

PoweredByGoogle

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:44 PM

Hi, The power went out on and off on and off like 10 times very fast now the computer Windows XP says UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME blue screen. I cant get past it.
The second it starts up it says: windows did not start successfully. Start in safe mode normally and all of that normal stuff
no matter what I choose i get the blue screen.

Someone said to do a check disk how can I do that if I get the blue screen?

Can someone please help

Error message Tech information:
*** STOP: 0x000000ED (0x82B43E30, 0xC0000032, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:52 PM

Do you have an XP CD?

Chkdsk /r can be run from the Recovery Console, using an XP CD.

Can you get into the BIOS?

Louis

#3 PoweredByGoogle

PoweredByGoogle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 192 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:54 PM

The second I start up the computer it goes to the screen that says windows did not start correctly then i choose safe mode or normal and it shows the xp loading screen for like 2 seconds then i get the blue screen.

is there any ways i can get to the bio or load the windows cd?

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:55 AM

There should be an option to enter the BIOS when you first turn the machine on. Normally a message to press F1 or ESC will flash up briefly.

Have you tried putting your XP CD in the drive and rebooting?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 Manshead

Manshead

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:51 AM

To get to BIOS you could try tapping the Delete key as soon as the computer starts booting.You can then set BIOS to boot from cd first.This will allow you to get to the recovery console and run Chkdsk /r ( there is a space between k and /).
Handle every situation like a real man.
If you cant eat it or drink it.
Walk Away, it Aint worth the hassle.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:58 AM

Try booting from the XP CD - that should let you enter the Recovery Console and give chkdsk /f /r a try.

Try a bootable diagnostic utility from the manufacturer of the hard drive. Here's some links to the different manufacturers: http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

Try this bootable memory tester: http://www.memtest86.com/

From the situation that you describe it's likely that you've had a power surge to the system - and that can cause many system problems until you isolate the damaged components.

The Unmountable Boot Volume is a failure of the system to mount (access) the boot drive. So, it can't boot. This can be caused by file system problems, physical problems with the hard drive, or problems with other hardware that affect the connections that the hard drive uses. If the diagnostic isn't obvious from the tests above, then you'd have to start with stripping the system down and testing the barest of components. If it doesn't Blue Screen, then it's in one of the components that you removed (and you can isolate that by plugging them in one-by-one). If it still Blue Screens then, then it's in one of the components that's left on the system - so it's time to replace them (one-by-one) in order to figure out which one it is. Here's a link to my suggested system stripdown procedures: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/70216/hardware-troubleshooting-via-system-stripdown/
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users