Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remote Assitance

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 01 March 2005 - 11:01 PM

I NEED HELP!!!
---------------------------------------------------
I want to know how can you change the setting so the other person (the person that is helping you) can control your screen and the things on your screen.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2005 - 11:22 PM

Hi frankie12. Remote Assistant setup requires a number of settings to be configured properly. Here's a link to a number of articles regarding setting up the Remote Assistant in WinXP. Check through the articles and if you have questions that are not answered there then post back here and we'll see if we can help you out.

Windows Remote Access Tutorials

Cheers.

OT :thumbsup:
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

#3 frankie12

frankie12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2005 - 03:27 PM

Thinks for the link but i need still need help on one topic
HOW DO YOU CHANGE THE SETTING SO THAT YOU CAN CONTROL THERE COMPUTER. because when i log onto RA it will only let me screen view and not control. how do i change that.
Thanks for the help

#4 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2005 - 07:14 PM

Hey frankie12. In the first article at the above link are the directions for the user requesting Remote Assistance. Here's a link to that article:

Windows XP Remote Assistance

This article explains the settings required on the requestor's computer. On the requestor's computer go to the System Properties dialog and click on the Remote tab. Then click on the Advanced button. Put a check in the box to Allow this computer to be controlled remotely

Cheers.

OT :thumbsup:
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users