Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Red X On Connection Icon/network And Sharing Center Not Responding

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mgstrwbrry77

mgstrwbrry77

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 06 January 2008 - 06:04 PM

I have the red X on the two computer icon for connectivity. My network and sharing center opens after a long pause and then is not responding. I have been trying to use the command prompt fix that I have seen all over multiple forums. I am logged in as administrator but am getting replies to the command prompt that would indicate an error. The line comes back saying:the syntax of this command is: then a string of what looks like instructions to do it correctly? Also that the syntax is incorrect. What should the correct response to the command line be? I have entered the following:net localhost Administrators/add Local Service and many other variations with quotes without quotes that I have seen. I am running Vista Home Premium. I had the newest version of AIM but have uninstalled it as it appeared from reading forums that it was causing at least part of the problem. I am trying to set up a network between my vista machine and an XP machine with the main idea of the vista machine using the printer connected to the XP box. I have a wireless network set up and working. I checked the wireless adapter and the router and they are supposedly Vista-compatible. Both computers are in the same room. It sounded so easy! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users