Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Corel Photo Album 6 "create" Option

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lacrue79

lacrue79

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 06 January 2008 - 05:56 PM

Hi there! I'm hoping someone can help me figure out why I can't use the "Create" option of my Corel Photo Album 6 software.

I can access the application with no problem and use all options with the exception of the "Create" option. The create option should allow me to access different project templates such as Print Layouts, Album Pages, Greeting Card layouts, Certificate templates, etc.

When I click on "Create" the template options appear in the "Choose A Project" section but when I double click on a template option nothing happens. It does not take me to the template options for the specific project I'm selecting.

At first I thought that maybe the templates were missing from the Corel Photo Album 6 files that were loaded to my PC upon installation but they are there.

I went to the corel website and it stated something about flash player may not be installed correctly but I ran a test and flash player is working just fine. I don't know what else to do. Help Please!!

PS. I'm using windows XP if that helps anyone in providing assistance to me.

-- Mel

Edited by lacrue79, 06 January 2008 - 06:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 montecarlo1987

montecarlo1987

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 12 January 2008 - 01:59 AM

Hello Mel. This is my first posting on BleepingComputer.com. I did a Google search and found your concern as the same as mine regarding Corel Photo Album 6 Deluxe Edition. We are up against the same issue. It seems the "Create" tab with the 9 project options does not work for me either. By chance, found a solution for this issue yet? I have Corel Photo Album 6 Deluxe version 6.4.0 installed. This is the version for Windows Vista and I have Corel Photo Album 6 Deluxe installed on Windows XP Home. I see you posted just a few days ago. I have e-mailed Corel tech support and they got back in touch with me today about this issue. They suggested that I uninstall this program and try re-installing it again. However, do not use the "Add and Remove Programs" feature in Windows XP. Instead, use their uninstaller they directed me to. Webiste: http://support.corel.com/scripts/rightnow....;p_faqid=759194 I did what was stated in the directions and even removed the program files, re-installed the program again. The "Create" tab options still did not work. I even re-downloaded the program, performed the steps in the webiste to remove the program and re-installed with the new download. Again, no fix for the Create tab options. I am wondering if this version that I downloaded from Corel has problems with Windows XP? I know version 6.4.0 is a Windows Vista version. Yes, most Windows Vista programs are backwards compatible with Windows XP. Maybe this one is not. When Corel Photo Album 6 Deluxe came out, it was only meant for Windows XP. The original version I am not sure, but there were two patches that were created for Windows XP (v.6.3.1 & v.6.3.3) to fix some XP issues. Then there was v6.4.0 that was a patch for Windows Vista. Now, when you download directly form Corel, Photo Album 6 Deluxe, you get version 6.4.0 -- no more patches necessary. I am wondering if this Vista version has some issues with Windows XP??? If there was a way to get whatever the first version of Photo Album 6 Deluxe was and just add the 2 subsequent patches make all features of this program work??? What do you think? To test this theory, I need to get a copy of the setup file for version 6.3.3, just before Vista version 6.4.0.

I am going to respond back to the Corel tech. rep. and see where he leads me. If you have the solution, please reply. Thank you!

-Troy

#3 Mudgekin

Mudgekin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:16 PM

I had the same problem and after e-mailing Corel they told me to un-install and re-install using their website rather than the add/remove feature. I then re-installed the program and still couldn't get the project feature to work. I sent them another e-mail and they told me to contact their help desk by telephone. I just spoke to one of the technicians and he informed me that they were aware of this problem and it was caused after their latest "update" which somehow affected flash player. There is nothing anyone can do about it until they have figured out what the problem is. "They are working on it" was their answer and have no idea how long it is going to take them to correct the problem.

#4 Tyronne

Tyronne

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:34 PM

I had the same problem with both Jasc photo album 5 and Corel photo album 6

1. Uninstalled flashplayer 9x (the lastest flashplayer update from Adobe) from the add or remove programs menu in the control panel.

2. Installed 7x flashplayer which is located in the following folder: C:\Program Files\Jasc Software Inc\Paint Shop Photo Album 5\Flash

3. The Create tab now works as anticipated.

Note: Up to date flashplayer may be needed for other applications or website.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users