Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Linking 360 To Network

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 judda

judda

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 06 January 2008 - 03:13 PM

Hi Guys,

My grandson is having problems Linking an XBox 360 within his network,

If there is anyone out there who can help him, I would be extremely grateful, I will let him ask the question in his own words...

My question is as follows:

when i try to link my Xbox 360 to a new router that i had just bought, the xbox connection fails on the DNS. it finds the IP adress and the hard wired network, but i can not find out how to find the DNS. I have an X-Micro 11g wireless router and a motorola surfboard SB5100. I am not using the router as a wirelss device i am using the ethernet ports on the back to hard wire the Xbox 360 to the network with my PC. :thumbsup:

PLZZZ Help !

Judda

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 06 January 2008 - 09:30 PM

On your pc, click Start>Run. In this new small screen, type CMD. In the Command Prompt that comes up, type "ipconfig /all". Write down the DNS Server and place that in your Xbox config menu.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 judda

judda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:06 AM

gavinseabrook

Thank yo so much for your help. :flowers:

My grandson, his father (my son) and his uncle (also my son) have been trying for the best part of a week to try and get the thing to work,
When he visited last evening and I found out what they had been doing, I told him I would get the help he needs, (proudly (s))

You have came up trumps for me, he is at college this morning, I have emailed him your answer, hopefully he will be able to solve his problem.

I will let you know what happens, tonight hopefully,

Thanks again, you are all great people here on the Bleepingcomputer, and the likes of me couldn't get along without you all. :thumbsup:

Judda.

#4 judda

judda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:54 AM

Hello again gavinseabrook,

My grandson rang me last evening to tell me he had tried to do as you told him to do, without success regarding his problem,
He will hopefully come round this evening and explain in his own words what was done and what happened that it was not successful.

It is no good me trying to explain to you, I am not computer savvy, as they say.

Thank you for your help so far, hopefully something can be done to help him.

Judda. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users