Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Center Lag

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 fivetricks

fivetricks

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 06 January 2008 - 12:32 PM

Hello,

I recently upgraded my Video Card to a 8600 GT from a 7300....

Now whenever i try to watch ANYTHING on Media Center (Recorded TV, Movies, Live TV, AVI Files) i have a HORRIBLE lag in them.....

When i upgraded to the 8600, i immediatly notcied a bad lag so i re-installed my OS, updated to the lates drivers for everything, all windows updates, ALL NVIDIA patches, and all of the latest Codecs (which were exactly the same as i had on my old configuration)

I have trolled the internet non-stop trying to resolve this issue, any ideas? Media Center is by far the program i use MOST on my machine, and il WONT give it up lol

Also, i have tried turing off most everything in MSCONFIG, checked all my running processes, toggled the VC for best performance AND Best Quality (same results, both ways) and tried with the NVIDIA driver Helper service both on and off (same results) and have tried with my Anti-Virus (Kaspersky 7) both on and off (same results)

The obvious response you would think would be the video card, because that is the only thing that has changed, but i shouldnt be WORSE off for having upgraded from a 256 VC to a 512 VC should i? lol

Here are my specs (Keeping in mind i am on a FRESH install of OS (less than an hour old )

Core 2 Duo 2.13
4 GB RAM (3096 showing because of 32-bit OS )
2.25 TB of storage (all SATA 3.0)
GeForce 8600 GT VC (upgraded from 7300GT, which ran GREAT just not very well for big games)
HD Audio
TV Tuner
Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit (with ALL of the lates updates)
450 SLI-Ready Rosewill PSU
2x SATA DVD/RW

Again, any insight on this topic would be greatly appriciated, this has turned my previously WONDERFULL computer into a pile of frustrating junk........

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users