Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 seitsub

seitsub

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 01 March 2005 - 09:56 PM

1> What are the CORRECT SETTINGS OR WAY to set up my OE 6
Outlook Express account to work with Comcast Webmail?

2> From the Inbox-Outlook Express- Main Identity Webpage
Tools>Accounts>
There Is> ALL,MAIL,NEWS,DIRECTORY SERVICE
2b> I notice my accounts> BUT What is the:
1. ACTIVE DIRECTORY
2. BIGFOOT INTERNET DIRECTORY SERVICE
3. VERISIGN INTERNET DIRECTORY SERVICE
4. WHOWHERE INTERNET DIRECTORY SERVICE

ALL THE TYPES ARE Directory Service?
Under the 4 Individuals Properties:
What should be the Server name?
This server requires me to log on? Check ® Uncheck?
Account name?
Password?
Log on using Secure Password Authentication? Check ® Uncheck?
Check names against this server when sending mail? Check ® Uncheck?

Some of the above settings are different.

But What has me is" I DO NOT HAVE A CLUE WHAT THESE ARE FOR AND WHY THE SETTINGS ARE DIFFERENT IN SOME OF THE 4 AND I DID NOT SET ANY OF THE FOUR... ;(

How doI know if my Outlook Account Mail is Set to Not Accept Any Noisy Individuals Prying into me Personal Email Accounts?

And Please allow me to add another question regarding Outlook Express

My question is this:

If within our spam in OE 6~~What do we do if we C a email there that we do not want it to go into the spam folder?
I have included the address into my Address Book?
Also
Is There A SAFE FREE Email Program that works WELL W/OE 6?

Is there a place where I can find Forums for the Popular Security, Registry, Clean Up Computer.Type stuff..Good and TRUSTING Download..But what I would like to know. Is there a Forum for Every Popular In Demand Free Download
Thank You Very Much~~~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 01 March 2005 - 10:20 PM

Permit me to try to help you with some of your questions.

1. You will need to go to the Comcast site and find the POP E-mail settings. Generally these are in the Mail HELP section, and often will contain a step by step instruction on setting your OExpress to recieve and send Email.
1.1 You may be seeing pre-set settings in OExpress for other servers. These can safely be deleted, as you are not getting Email from their servers. You will need to set up an Email account in OE for Comcast, and OE has a Wizard to help you do it once you get the information from Comcast.

2. Most web-based Emails have a box you can check if you find something in your SPAM folder, that should not be considered SPAM. OExpress will only download messages in your INBOX, so you will have to periodically check your SPAM folder on the website.

3. I am not sure what you mean by a safe Email program that works with OExpress, which in itself is an Email program. Please clarify what your requirements are.

4. While there are many sites, like Download.Com or CNET the have tons of programs to download, it is always advisable to download these directly from the manufacturer's site, since some downloads from independent sites might contain sypware or worse!
4.1 I cannot stress enough that even some of the popular applications contain spyware, especially some of the fun/cute/happy toolbars and such; so before downloading ANYTHING, research it on Google.

5. You will find, both in the Tutorials section, as well in some of the forums, recommendations about free applications, with links to the sites to download them. These programs have been used by the membership, and you can be sure they are as useful as they are safe.

I hope this helps you somewhat, but if you have additional questions, please reply.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users