Posted 01 March 2005 - 10:20 PM
Permit me to try to help you with some of your questions.
1. You will need to go to the Comcast site and find the POP E-mail settings. Generally these are in the Mail HELP section, and often will contain a step by step instruction on setting your OExpress to recieve and send Email.
1.1 You may be seeing pre-set settings in OExpress for other servers. These can safely be deleted, as you are not getting Email from their servers. You will need to set up an Email account in OE for Comcast, and OE has a Wizard to help you do it once you get the information from Comcast.
2. Most web-based Emails have a box you can check if you find something in your SPAM folder, that should not be considered SPAM. OExpress will only download messages in your INBOX, so you will have to periodically check your SPAM folder on the website.
3. I am not sure what you mean by a safe Email program that works with OExpress, which in itself is an Email program. Please clarify what your requirements are.
4. While there are many sites, like Download.Com or CNET the have tons of programs to download, it is always advisable to download these directly from the manufacturer's site, since some downloads from independent sites might contain sypware or worse!
4.1 I cannot stress enough that even some of the popular applications contain spyware, especially some of the fun/cute/happy toolbars and such; so before downloading ANYTHING, research it on Google.
5. You will find, both in the Tutorials section, as well in some of the forums, recommendations about free applications, with links to the sites to download them. These programs have been used by the membership, and you can be sure they are as useful as they are safe.
I hope this helps you somewhat, but if you have additional questions, please reply.
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.