Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Software problem

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jpbc9999

jpbc9999

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 01 March 2005 - 09:15 PM

I got this quote from a faq about burning commercial dvds.

"Until February 2004, 321 Studios' hugely popular line of DVD-copying products, including DVD X Copy, DVD X Copy Xpress, and DVD Copy Plus, gave consumers the power to make backup copies of DVDs--even those with copy protection."

I want to buy a dvd burner to back up those lousy and cheap dvds they give us. Does anyone have a copy of this??? Im not going to spend money for a headach either. Is there a away to get movies on one disk that play on most dvd players...one that is easy to do??? Let me know. Im gettin burner tomorrw. Thanks.

ps as long as they work...im willing to do a little tweaking if need be.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2005 - 03:03 AM

Get DVD Shrink, it's freeware and better.

http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html

#3 jpbc9999

jpbc9999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2005 - 07:21 AM

Thanks for replying. however I was not able to dl any software. All the links were circular and never led to any dling. DOES ANYONE HAVE THE INSTALL PACKACGE TO SEND ME???!!! Thank you. I want a dvd burner on my comp that backs up all dvds on one disk [individual mover per disk thatis]. This shouldnt be to hard...wwebeen makin backup vhs for eons...tech is here for dvd. Seems the only thing stopping it are fing judges. for once im actually on a republicans side...a f judge interpets the law, we have rights man.

EDIT: This post has been edited and offensive language removed. Thanks.

Edited by TexasAngel67, 02 March 2005 - 12:27 PM.

#4 jpbc9999

jpbc9999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2005 - 09:58 AM

Cmon...i know its not been posted for a long time. But some one out ther has a backup of the software they use to burn good dvds. Help!. Pls. -joe

ps ive asked around before. most people are like...just google this and dl it. im like huh. usualy the thing your told to look for online has a thousand different versions...some are pay...some are packed with spyware. Ive never found a good working dvd riper online or any program that allows for dvd copyiing. ive been trying to figure out how to do this for over 3 yrs now come to think of it. lmao.

#5 QQQQ

QQQQ

• Members
  • 387 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2005 - 10:07 AM

http://www.dvdr-digest.com/software/softwa...?file=dvdshrink

Look for other download links, you can download it there.

#6 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2005 - 10:26 AM

Look around at different DVD burners. Most of them come with a CD of recommended software. See what program they are offering. It will usually be very compatible with your burner too as it is sold alongside. The new ones I've seen come with programs that you register and can update but they are only good for a year.

If you buy an OEM burner (from someone who builds computers) you probably won't get the disk, unless you ask for it and maybe not even then. If you buy a retail burner (from stores like Tiger Direct, Best buy or whatever) It will come in a box with the software.

HTH

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#7 jpbc9999

jpbc9999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2005 - 11:53 AM

"Most of them come with a CD of recommended software. See what program they are offering. It will usually be very compatible with your burner too as it is sold alongside. The new ones I've seen come with programs that you register and can update but they are only good for a year"

Actually...I came here first because most freakin dvd burners at best buy neglected to mention wether or not you could back up movies. the specs were totaly unclear...and then on top of that best buy slapped a huge sticker on the back of the box on top of most specs anyway. the sticker was the price tag. its rediculous that the movie industry wants to restrict this. im sick and tired of buying a dvd and having it get scratched and thats it...go buy it again. forget that. I guess ill go to store today and shop around.

If anyone else has backing up dvds mastered....help would be appreciated.

BTW That link is the same link to a circle of links of junk. There are no more downloads for it. Try it yourself...if your successful DL it and let me know so we can setup some way to exchange it.

joe

EDIT: This post was edited and offensive language removed. Thanks.

Edited by TexasAngel67, 02 March 2005 - 12:26 PM.

#8 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 02 March 2005 - 05:18 PM

The links stidyup, and QQQQ gave you, are good links. You just have to look for it.

I was able to download it from 2 sites, with no problems:
(These are direct download links)
http://files.dvdr-digest.com/encode/dvdshrink32setup.zip
http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/dvdshrink32setup.zip

Tutorials:
DVD Shrink Guide
dvdshrink.info
mrbass.org
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 jpbc9999

jpbc9999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2005 - 12:04 PM

Just thought I'd update on my progress. First...thanks all. Every bit helped. I ended up having a friend install the drive. I got a sony double layer DVD/CD RW drive DRU-720A. Im not sure why the sites wern't workin for me...admittedly baked and didnt try right clik save target as w/ IE or mozilla!
Usually left clik was suffice to initiat dling. Good news to. Everything works. Ill never have to worry about losing an entire simpsons season. I bought all so far legit...but first season is MIA. Now all ill be usin is backups anyway...storing origianals. The drive cost me 100 bucks. Not to bad. Disks are cheap...except for the DL ones...those are still expensice and costly. 8.5 gigs on each disk possible though. Thanks a lot.

Edited by jpbc9999, 03 March 2005 - 12:54 PM.

#10 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 03 March 2005 - 01:27 PM

Your welcome.
Glad you got your problems sorted out.
If you have anymore problems, be sure to post them.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users