Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cd>ipod

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sharpie

sharpie

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 06 January 2008 - 04:21 AM

hi-
i would like to try and add a cd to my ipod, but i have always had problems with with itunes. i have been using winamp free edition to add other music to my ipod, but the free edition wont transfer music from the cd to the ipod. i copied the cd to my computer using windows media player and saving it in a playlist then trying to use winamp add it to my ipod, but i cant get that to work....
so..my question is, do you guys know of any free programs that will transfer the songs from my cd to my ipod?

-thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sharpie

sharpie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:36 PM

anyone? please?

#3 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 08 January 2008 - 07:36 PM

ooh, they're mean.....

uhm, I'm not sure what you're having difficulty doing exactly. Can iTunes not detect your CD? Is it taking forever? Is it not importing the CD correctly? Does itunes not show your ipod when its plugged in?

I'd stick with itunes. Other stuff isn't all that great to try, when you've already got itunes on your computer.

Try ripping the songs from the CD's into a MP3 music format. If you can see the CD on itunes, then go up to edit>preferences. Click on the advanced tab, click on importing, then import using MP3 encoder, and then with whatever quality you feel like.

You might want to update your itunes program too. Its probably outdated, and if you've got a newer ipod... then you'll probably have to have it.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 08 January 2008 - 08:49 PM

Hello,

There is a very nice standalone program out there called yamipod, I have been using it for about a year now and have had no problems with it.
http://www.yamipod.com/main/modules/downloads/

As always, back up everything before you use it just to be safe.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users