Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Isatap Adapter Problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 juventusfc

juventusfc

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 05 January 2008 - 02:53 PM

Hi, when I open up device manager, under the “network adapters” tab, there is a yellow exclamation mark next to “isatap.{1571B893-418B-4845-85A8-C0509A7C41CF}.” When I check under this devices’ properties, it says “This device cannot start. (Code 10).” I'm using Vista btw (if it makes a difference).

is there any way to fix this?

thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:37 PM

You can either allow it to try and find the drivers or you can point it towards the drivers after you have downloaded them.

Right-Click the Network Card within Device Manager, then select to Update the driver. The wizard will open up. Check the box to allow it to search the internet for the drivers. If you are lucky, it will go through without a problem. Be patient as I have seen it take a while in certain cases.

If that doesn't work, then you need to go to the PC (or motherboard) manufacturers site for the drivers for the network card. You can download them and attempt the install by pointing the wizard to the spot where you have downloaded the drivers. Sometimes the drivers have their own setup programs.

Good luck.

DR

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2008 - 09:25 AM

I've seen a lot of HP systems with this issue. The good news is that it's related to IPv6 use over IPv4 networks, so most people don't even need it.

The easiest "fix" that I've seen is to uninstall the device in Device Manager and then reboot. That'll fix it most times. If it doesn't, post back and we'll have to go into some detail about how to disable it.

Here's a google on ISATAP that may be of interest: http://www.google.com/search?q=isatap&...lient=firefox-a
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 juventusfc

juventusfc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2008 - 06:17 PM

You can either allow it to try and find the drivers or you can point it towards the drivers after you have downloaded them.

Right-Click the Network Card within Device Manager, then select to Update the driver. The wizard will open up. Check the box to allow it to search the internet for the drivers. If you are lucky, it will go through without a problem. Be patient as I have seen it take a while in certain cases.

If that doesn't work, then you need to go to the PC (or motherboard) manufacturers site for the drivers for the network card. You can download them and attempt the install by pointing the wizard to the spot where you have downloaded the drivers. Sometimes the drivers have their own setup programs.

Good luck.

DR

i scaned for updates but it says i have the best available update.

here is the link for my driver updates. i dont know which on to do though. im noob at this kind of stuff :s
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...523&lang=en

#5 juventusfc

juventusfc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2008 - 06:19 PM

I've seen a lot of HP systems with this issue. The good news is that it's related to IPv6 use over IPv4 networks, so most people don't even need it.

The easiest "fix" that I've seen is to uninstall the device in Device Manager and then reboot. That'll fix it most times. If it doesn't, post back and we'll have to go into some detail about how to disable it.

Here's a google on ISATAP that may be of interest: http://www.google.com/search?q=isatap&...lient=firefox-a

i've read some forums and people with my problem who have uninstalled said that when they reboot, it does not automatically detect and reinstall so i am more hesitant.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:39 PM

That will happen at work also - in those case we just figger that everything is OK. You'll only need IPv6 (AFAIK) if you're using the new Windows Meeting Space - it's the only program that I know of that requires it.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users