Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how do i wipe everything out?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 tanabear

tanabear

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 01 March 2005 - 05:56 PM

how do i wipe out all my history. mainly i want to erase all the history that pops on under the google search window when one letter is typed. i type one letter and everything that ive searched for under that letter apears below. how can i erase that?? and stop it? i would surely appreciate some help. thanks. i have windows 95 by the way. this is my mother n laws computer that she gave us to use temporarily, so i dont want to give it back to her and her see everything weve searched for on google.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 luci2a

luci2a

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 01 March 2005 - 06:31 PM

Hi Tanabear
If you are using the Google toolbar, the drop-down menu from the little arrow next to the letter "G" has a "clear search history" option - one click and away it all goes.

If you are just using the search window (from www.google.com) you can highlight individual items and hit the "delete" key (the one you use to delete items to the right of your cursor) and that should do it.

Luci2a
:thumbsup:

#3 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2005 - 06:34 PM

In Internet Explorer go to Tools>Internet Options>Content tab>Autocomplete and click clear forms and clear passwords. Then go to the General tab and click Delete files>put a check in Delete all offline content click Ok. Then click delete cookies and ok your way out. Your history will be gone.

Also if you have a list of recently opened documents (Start>Documents) you can clear that by right clicking on an empty space on the bar at the bottom near the Start button and selecting properties. Under the Start menu programs tab click clear and Ok.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#4 luci2a

luci2a

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 01 March 2005 - 07:25 PM

hi Leurgy
of course I should have added the more radical solution!
Being a Firefox user myself - would the equivalent be tools>options>privacy>clear saved form information?

...not that I've had to use it, naturally :thumbsup:

Luci2a

#5 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2005 - 07:43 PM

Can't help you. Don't use Firefox. Your solution was fine for the toolbar user. I didn't think of that and didn't see your post til I posted. One way or another I think tanabear will have what she needs.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#6 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2005 - 06:49 AM

How about CCleaner it'll clean out a lot of things too. give space back on PC as well.

#7 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2005 - 07:56 AM

Ccleaner is an excellent option and will do a much better job than the previous suggestions.

#8 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2005 - 08:23 AM

The added plus is that CCleaner is Free! :thumbsup: And it only takes seconds to run and clean. Be careful with the Issues (tab) option. As it involves the registery. The Windows (tab) option should be enough for what you wish to accomplish.
Posted Image

#9 tanabear

tanabear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2005 - 11:25 AM

Thanks!!! You guys are wonderful. I'll try the CCleaner too :thumbsup:

Edited by tanabear, 02 March 2005 - 11:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users