Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dvd Problem--dialog Inaudible!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kitkinnison

kitkinnison

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:43 PM

The basic problem is pretty straightforward: with the audio on my computer at it's normal levels (and the rest of the dvd--sound effects, music, etc at typical volume) the dialog is MUCH quieter than the other components and is basically un-hearable.

I have a dell latitude d600, running windows XP home edition, all virus/spam/bot software updated & run. I also checked, this problem happens with Intervideo WinDVD, InterActual player, RealPlayer, and PCFriendly DVD.

Anyone have thoughts on what the problem is or how to fix it?

thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 T60

T60

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 11 January 2008 - 02:20 PM

The basic problem is pretty straightforward: with the audio on my computer at it's normal levels (and the rest of the dvd--sound effects, music, etc at typical volume) the dialog is MUCH quieter than the other components and is basically un-hearable.

Similar problem just started on my laptop. Used to be fine, but now any movie dvd has nearly inaudible dialog, while the other audio effects are fine. The only thing that changed recently is an upgrade to the latest version of Windows Media Player. The problem also occurs using Real Player.

#3 Benvolio

Benvolio

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 20 January 2008 - 08:08 AM

Just a thought, but have you looked at any surround sound options? It may be that the dialogue, as well as other audio, is being sent to speakers that you don't have connected. If you only have 2 speakers connected but have the audio output set to 5.1 then you will lose any audio that is being sent to the other 3 speakers.

I lost audio input a few years ago because I had ticked the surround sound box in my volume controls by mistake. It turned out that the line-in socket was also used as line-out for the extra surround speakers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users