Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blocking Websites

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 ILOVEMYDOG

ILOVEMYDOG

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:25 PM

My evil dad blocked some websites to make my brother get his grades up, some of those sites are my favorite and I want them back! I'm too chicken to ask my dad to unblock them (I don't think he would anyway) so I'm looking for another way to get to them. Don't worry my grades are fine so I can waste hours at the computer. PLease help me- I'll love you forever! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:46 PM

I can't help you, but I just wanted to say that it is not right or respectful to call your own dad 'evil' merely for blocking some websites! And you shouldn't be 'too chicken' to ask your dad to unblock them. Since your grades are 'fine', maybe he'll understand.

Good luck

#3 Dialer

Dialer

• Members
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:37 PM

I love my dog, too, but I'm afraid that won't help. While I assume that you were just kidding when you called your dad evil, you need to know that no one at BC will help you get around his security settings, in accord with this rule:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user.

You can read all the rules here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/boardrules.php

I agree with Juha that you shouldn't be too chicken to talk with your dad about this. If you present a well-thought out and reasonable request, he just might reconsider. If he seems amenable, you could also ask that if he hasn't already done so, maybe he would set up separate user accounts for you and your brother and use different parental controls on each of them. (I've never used parental controls, so I don't know anything about the particulars.)

Good luck, and keep up the good work at school! :thumbsup:

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,195 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 04 January 2008 - 10:10 PM

Please post a report card signed by Dad.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 04 January 2008 - 10:59 PM

Your dad obviously cares about his children. I applaud him for taking time to get involved.

No one has the authority to grant you access to a site your parents purposefully blocked.

This topic is closed

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users