Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Alpabetize Programs List

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 empty_pockets

empty_pockets

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:15 PM

I have a Compaq laptop with Win Vista Home Premium and a Compaq desktop with Win Vista Home Basic.

Could someone please advise on how to arrange all my programs in alphabetical order? Everything is in random order. I've already tried the right click on the programs list and on the laptop with Home Premium, "Sort by name" is available--but I can click that all day long and nothing happens. On the desktop pc with Home Basic, "Sort by name" isn't even listed in the menu. What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance for any ideas anyone can come up with.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SuperTruper

SuperTruper

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 06 January 2008 - 05:24 AM

Hm... That's a hard one. I tryed myself and it did arrange them differently, but not by name - lol. I think if you rename things like recycle bin, it doesn't use that name, but uses the original recycle bin name. I renamed mine Filthy Garbage and it always comes up last or beginning when I arrange by name. You should be able to manually arrange your icons, and right click and make sure auto arrange is NOT selected. Then, after you arrange your icons, right click - refresh. It should stay that way from that point on, but I have done this before and every so often it screws up the arrangement a little bit. :huh: Other than that, if you try renaming all your icons in alpha.. order, then clicking on arrange by date modified, that might work as well. That's all I can think of for now! Sorry!

Good luck though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users