Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nvlddmkm.sys Error?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Golbez

Golbez

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:31 PM

anyone know how to fix this?

the blue screen loves me.

i keep crashing when i play hellgate or i open Source SDK (hammer)

nvlddmkm.sys is what the screen says crashed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tomo2

Tomo2

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:04 PM

That is a driver for nVidia. Are you on Vista? The common problem seems to be people on vista getting the BSOD Here. Anyway in the Device Manager select your graphics card and update the driver (if one is available).

Hope that helps!

L&P, World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago!
Posted Image
Avast! Antivirus : Spybot S&D : Trend Micro Housecall : Hosts file : HiJack This
Don't be too open minded - your brains will fall out

#3 cabessativa

cabessativa

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:35 AM

hi Tomo2, I went to the link you provided, the image shown there describes my problem exactly,but it is a bit too late....like one user on that forum said:

"In my case: the hardware was stuck.

After reinstalling, restoring, trying very different scenario's, the videocard finally gave up and he didn't even boot anymore (not even in BIOS).

So I bought new videocard and everything went back to normal.

Nvidia cards work only two years and one month !! (one month after warranty period :-( )
"

computer won't even start-up, the fan goes and the noise just doesn't stop...

and that was after me sending an email to hp, who told me they just don't care because I have no more warranty (2 years and a couple of months...), reporting it to microsoft who tell me to go to nvidia site, and going to nvidia site :

"NVIDIA is aware that some customers have reported fan speed issues after installing 196.75 drivers from NVIDIA's website. NVIDIA has removed these drivers and asked its partners to also remove the drivers. Any customers still using 196.75 drivers are asked to immediately discontinue use and either roll back to their previous driver or install the new 197.13 drivers. Driver roll back help can be found here.

Download the New 197.13 Drivers (Posted March 17th, 2010):
Windows 7 and Windows Vista (32-bit)
Windows 7 and Windows Vista (64-bit)
Windows XP (32-bit)
Windows XP (64-bit)

NVIDIA apologizes to our customers that installed the 196.75 driver and experienced quality issues. For the small number of customers that did experience problems, in almost every case reverting back to our 196.21 driver immediately resolved their issues. We continue to work closely with our add-in-card partners and PC manufacturers to help resolve any additional customer issues not solved by reverting to the earlier driver. Any NVIDIA customer who has questions about their board as a result of downloading 195.75 driver should contact their board supplier."

who tell us not to download the latest driver but the previous one...I do that and the computer does not work anymore...I cannot trust them...

do I have to buy a new graphic card as well? :thumbsup: I reckon the graphic card is still fine, only the drivers make so that it doesn't work...can I start the pc from my laptop? do I have to remove the graphic card first? is it possible? once I start it up, I can try again other drivers..but the monitor doesn't even receive info from the pc at the moment..

cheers
don't trust nvidia/microsoft

Edited by cabessativa, 21 March 2010 - 08:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users