Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Boot/reinstall Windows After New Monitor....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 h4lt

h4lt

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:24 PM

Today I received a new Acer AL2015W LCD Monitor, and I plugged everything in and it booted Windows just fine...it asked me what type of resolution I wanted and (being the noob that I am) I wasn't sure, and one of the options was preview...so I chose that...when it changed it to one of the resolutions my screen went blank...

So I shutdown my computer manually...and attempted to restart...it got past the first few screen but it would not get to the windows screen...and I also didn't here the windows startup chime...

So I attempted to start it up in safe mode and it would get stuck in the very first part...

As a last resort I attempted to reinstall windows...and when I got past the agreement page or the page that you have to push F8 I got a blue screen error...

This error said...

Bad_pool_caller

and the numbers it gave were...

0x000000c2
(0x00000043 0xc2554000 0x00000000 0x00000000)

I have tried removing the sound card and taking out one stick of ram, but no luck...

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
h4lt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:32 PM

The error reports a driver problem. I would remove the monitor reconnect the old monitor and try safe mode again. If you can get into the OS go to device manager and remove the old monitor software drivers.
MCP
MSDST

#3 h4lt

h4lt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:03 PM

Ok, to be more specific about the trouble I have getting into safe mode..here is a pic....

http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2004921068056909609

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
h4lt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users