Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Card Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 patrick323

patrick323

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:17 PM

Hello all, well i am trying my best to get my absolutly wonderfull computer to run some games, mainly Final fantasy 11 and maybe Oblivion I have been told i need a graphics card so i thaught i could maybe tell you guys and gals my comp info and what card i was shopping for and maybe you could help a Newb out ??? or just tell me its hopeless and to start from scratch lol so i am running a Hewlett Packard Pavilion with a Celeron CPU @ 2.20 Ghz and 2.19Ghz, 760 MB of RAM as far as i can gather my tower can fit both PCI and AGP I do not think it can do the PCI express stuff or any real high end AGP , but i saw this card GeForce FX 5200 128MB 64-bit DDR PCI Video Card dont know if this stuff matters to know but it has a Core and memory clock of 250Mhz/400Mhz ? so as you can tell by now i know almost zylch about this , I look forward to any help u can offer and thank you for even reading this :thumbsup:

Sorry: Model is HP Pavillion 514n

Edited by patrick323, 05 January 2008 - 07:12 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:50 PM

First off we need the exact model of your HP so we can look up the system specs on Hp's website. Specifically were looking for what AGP bus you have 4x or 8x. Second you will want to upgrade your memory to at least 1024 (1gig). Most of these cards support 4 or 8x I would recommend a Geforce 7300, 7600, 7900 depending on your budget. If you have AGP 4x the performance of the cards will be affected.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users