Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Opening Videos & Windows Explorer Crash

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Strifey

Strifey

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:38 PM

The first problem might not belong in this section, but the others should, so I'm just posting them all here.

First of all as it might help my problems be fixed more easily, I'm running Windows XP and my video card is a Sapphire X1950 Pro.

Problem 1, the worst of all: sometimes when I open a folder that contains video files, windows explorer will crash. And usually what will then happen is "Dr Watson Post Mortem debugger", whatever that is, will crash as well, but not always. After this happens, sometimes I'll be able to continue what I was doing but other times my computer will freeze up and I have to restart.

Problem 2: This happens every time I open a video file. The first time I open a video file, only sound plays and no video. When I then open another video file, be it the same one or a different one, everything will play just fine the second time, as long as I kept the first one open while loading the second. This happens no matter what the file type and no matter what player I'm using.

Problem 3: This is a very minor annoyance with MusicMatch Jukebox. If it can be fixed, great. If not, I only really care about the first 2 things. I have buttons on my keyboard for stop/play/pause/back/forward/mute/volume, now then, when MusicMatch is behind any other windows (or minimized) everything works fine. However, when it is the top window, the back/forward buttons will skip a song and go back or forward twice instead of only once.

The second problem seemed to start right after I installed the newest version at the time of Windows Media Player, I believe 10 or 11. After that started happening I reinstalled the old version I had, but that didn't help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users