Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Really Slow Start Up

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 siren1234

siren1234

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:44 AM

It takes about 8 minutes to load to where I can start a program. I have scanned with Adware/Spybot/Anti-virus/online scanners/SuperAnti spyware/Counter spy/Cwshredder/AVG antispyware and nothing comes up. I have moved my pagefile from my C to the D, commit charge is no where near the limit, tried de-frag/chkdsk there are only virus and firewall in the startup. Went through XP tweaks for boot up and still the same slow startup. Here is a link a posted in the XP section for other things I have tried.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/123562/slow-start-up-and-hang-time/

What can I do now?? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 04 January 2008 - 09:08 AM

Since you are already receiving help for the same problem in the Windows XP Home and Professional forum, this thread is closed. Please do not start new threads or duplicate topics as this causes confusion and makes it more difficult to get the help you need to resolve your issues. Make sure you answer all the questions that those who are trying to help are asking. Budapest asked what else is using high CPU besides SIP and that has not been addressed. This forum is for malware infection and so far you have not indicated that your having a problem with this type of issue.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users