Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Can I Put Adsense Into Wordpress

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mitz

mitz

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 03 January 2008 - 10:47 PM

I have started a wordpress web site because I thougth it had great features, however ran into problems and issues with google adsense on the first day of posting. I am wondering if wordpress has something against google, as solving this problem would simply involve adding a new widget to the options.

Can anyone explain this?

If anyone has some simple instructions to help me on my way, please feel free to share. I have researched the internet, however every tutorial presumes that the reader knows something about PHP, of which I do not. I know HTML if that will help.
Have a great day guys!!!
Free Computer Tips
Fill Your Money Box

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Noot

Noot

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 04 January 2008 - 04:51 PM

Hey mitz!

There are plugins that you can download through wordpress.org. It'll create an area within your dashboard and you can create a customize them and place them in columns or within posts. It's called Adsense Manager. I've used it on a site that I've done and it's pretty easy to use.

There is a drawback, not with the plugin, but with Wordpress itself. You're only allowed 3 adsense ads on at a time, but you can "cheat" in a way and for text ads, have them long either height wise or width wise and they'll put multiple ones on there.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving
that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority."
E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 05 January 2008 - 12:26 AM

Hi mitz, welcome to BC! :thumbsup:

Just a quick question: are you using wordpress.com to host your site or do you have your own hosting?

#4 mitz

mitz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:19 PM

Good Question!!!
I have since found out that you have to have Wordpress hosted on your own host to do all the fancy things.. Which no-one mentioned when they were telling you how to install plugins and themes...LOL

Anyway I have one hosted now and would like to put ads into the body of text. I installed an adsense pluggin, however I thought it was best if I was in control of the ads.

I have inserted ads above the header and just below, but not in the actual post?

Sorry I did not reply earlier as I hadn't ticked the email notification box.
Have a great day guys!!!
Free Computer Tips
Fill Your Money Box

#5 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:40 PM

Hey mitz, check out this article: 10 Best Wordpress Plugins for Google Adsense.

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 17 January 2008 - 06:40 PM.

#6 Noot

Noot

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:17 PM

If you want to put ads within your posts, you can use <!--adsense--> . That's the default ad code.

"You can include Ads into your Posts and Pages using the code below where “name” is the name of the Ad block you have created.

<!--adsense#name-->

You can also display the default Ad in your posts and pages by omitting #name. Doing this allows you to switch these Ads simply by switching the Default Ad in Manager » Ads.

<!--adsense-->

Of course any Ads in posts update automatically when colours or layouts are modified."

There is also the other for a more specific ad design that you might have. You can learn more on Adsense Manager here: mutube blog - Adsense Manager
Posted Image

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving
that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority."
E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

#7 mitz

mitz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2008 - 07:32 AM

If you have free hosting with Wordpress, how do you get into the html?

I have another wordpress that is hosted and I use FTP etc..to get to the files...

Is there anyone that is putting adsense on a site on Wordpress?

I tried <!--adsense--> code but didn't work for me.
Have a great day guys!!!
Free Computer Tips
Fill Your Money Box

#8 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:41 PM

As far as I know, blogs hosted at wordpress.com are not currently allowed to have advertising (aside from any that wordpress.com puts there). According to the Features page (at the very bottom), there may be a point in the future where this restriction is removed. This restriction only applies to blogs hosted for free at wordpress.com. If you have your own web host and use the Wordpress software, there are no restrictions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users