Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error message in ME

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tcarr123

tcarr123

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 01 March 2005 - 11:33 AM

Starting yesterday, when my computer boots up I get an error message stating "The ASWENGIN.DLL file is linked to missing export ASWCMNOS.DLL:dep_fsSetFileAttributes", but the computer seems to work normally. What can I do to eliminate/fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:28 PM

Hi, let's check on that dll file. It seems to be associated with AVAST antivirus program. I'll assume this is the antivirus you use. That would explain everything else seemingly running normally. Actually, both dll files you mention are components of Avast.
Go to Avast's site by clicking here or here for tech support.
You may need an update or replacement of the dll file that's missing or corrupt.
What OS are you running?
Hope this helps.

~67~

#3 tcarr123

tcarr123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2005 - 01:23 PM

Yes, I am running Avast and my OS is Windows ME. I'll go to Avast and see what they can tell me. Thanks!

#4 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 01 March 2005 - 01:41 PM

If you have no luck there, your best bet will be to click here for instructions on how to use System Restore, an awesome feature in WinME systems.

Post back and let us know how things are going.

#5 tcarr123

tcarr123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2005 - 07:20 PM

Hey, I had also emailed the Avast! techies, and got the response/suggestion to go into Control Panel, Add/Delete programs, Highlight Avast! and click "Repair", and upon reboot everything would be working normally. I tried it and it worked! :thumbsup: I never even knew there was a "Repair" option in Add/Delete Programs.

#6 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2005 - 09:04 PM

This repair feature is also available for Internet Explorer and Adobe Reader. Maybe more. But these are the only ones I have come across so far. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users