Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Uninstall Win98 Programs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 yethPC

yethPC

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 03 January 2008 - 04:57 AM

Previously this computer had win98 OS which was upgraded to XP.I would only want to uninstall win98 SE program that is about 4.7 mb and if I do so,a mess box pops up informing that
Windows 98SE Setup did not save your original system files, or the information has since been deleted

Windows 98 can not be uninstalled.Thanks for any reply.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,896 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 03 January 2008 - 07:58 AM

If you don't have a Win 98 CD and the XP install CD and proper license data, I suggest you leave things as they are.

Just where/how is it that you think you are trying to uninstall Win 98 files on a system which has been upgraded to XP?

Where did you get this number you reported for a Win 98 O/S?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users