Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Started Modding My Boring Case Today...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 03 January 2008 - 03:59 AM

I bought this case (Compaq Presario 5000) about 5 years ago for 30$ for my first real 'build.' It was kinda on a budget so I really focused on the insides and really didnt do much to make it look cool. Now that Ive pretty much finished it, I thought I would start making it look more appealing. I decided to start with the side panel. Ive always wanted to cut it out, but I didnt really know what to put there. I finally decided today, and these are some pics of the progress...its far from finished but it will give you a taste of what it will become.

The stencil and outline and initial drawing took about 1.5-2 hrs, and the cutting and filing the edges took about the same.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Hmm..Flash makes it look better :thumbsup:

The case itself will be painted black, and as you can see Ive already gotton black faced drives. The back side of the panel will get a piece of plexiglass, and some red LEDs. The ugly purple face will be either replaced with red ones if I can find a set, or painted over in red.

So what do you guys think??

-Nick

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 03 January 2008 - 04:33 AM

Very nice job of cutting! Are you going to light up the inside? :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users