Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

(code 1)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 willpreed

willpreed

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 03 January 2008 - 12:43 AM

I am currently running windows vista 32bit O.S. And some how my cd/dvdw stopped running, don't know how, but it just stopped. Now that i have tried everything to fix the problem, i'm starting to go crazy. I can not find the driver for my cd/dvdw (tsst corp ts-h652d ata device), and the computer keeps displaying "

This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver."

Somebody plz help! I'm going cazy not being able to use my cd drive....

Edited by willpreed, 03 January 2008 - 12:45 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,260 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2008 - 01:10 AM

The drivers should be included with Vista, or XP, whichever. Have you tried going into the device manager and uninstalling the drive? If you have'nt, try that, then restart the computer. Window$ should find the drive and reinstall it.. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,266 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2008 - 10:05 AM

Go into Device Manager and remove/uninstall the drive in question.

Reboot, drivers should install automatically.

This is a link to Tsst support, http://www.samsungodd.com/eng/Support/Appl...Application.asp

Louis

#4 willpreed

willpreed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2008 - 12:53 PM

I have tried the uninstall the reinstall, don't work, tried the link no driver for my cd drive. i have come to the conclusion that i am stuck, or i am really fried; one of the two. So i'm asking anyone, where can get the drive for mt cd-drive i would love u for ever thanx.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,266 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2008 - 01:18 PM

All optical drives should be using the generic Microsoft driver, no additional drivers necessary.

The CDs that come with optical drivers only contain burn software, etc. There are no drivers on those, there's no need for such.

I suggest trying that drive in a different system, it could be dead.

Or try it on a different IDE cable (switch cables).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users