Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bsod (machine_check_exception)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rickz

Rickz

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:40 PM

Hello,

My Problem
I am start getting BSOD since last week. It happen randomly, where ever may be, in Safe Mode, Bootup screen, dekstop idle, playing games. The STOP message I get is MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION - BugCheck 9C, {4, 805461f0, b2000000, 70f0f}.

What I have tried
  • I have 2 * 512MB RAM. I had try to take out 1 of them and test, but BSOD still happen no matter which RAM i plug in, no matter which slot i used.
  • I plug out my DVD drive. So now it left CPU, PSU, mobo, Graphic card, RAM and HDD running.
  • At beginning I thought is driver / s/w problem. So I uninstall nvidia IDE driver, run chkdsk, scan C drive with kapersky anti virus.
  • Lastly, I narrow down my problem and I confident that the problem is on h/w. I open my side panel and blow with Fan and play game. While it is blow with Fan, no BSOD happen. Then I switch off my fan for awhile, BSOD happen again.
  • I monitor the temperature using Everest Free Edition and the temperature for HDD, CPU and graphic card are at normal temperature, did not show that overheat.
My Question
I need to narrow down which part of my h/w is overheating or fault. May anyone help me or guide me? Thanks in advanced.

ps:I have attach my miniDump result that debug using WInDbg. Sorry for poor grammar. If need any details that I miss out please tell me.

Rick

Attached Files

Edited by Rickz, 03 January 2008 - 03:53 AM.

Rick

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 03 January 2008 - 03:46 AM

You could try monitoring your system temps with SpeedFan.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Rickz

Rickz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2008 - 03:53 AM

ok thanks Budapest.
I will try it when get back home.
Rick

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 03 January 2008 - 07:28 AM

This error appears to be generated by your CPU (rather than Windows). Although it's most likely that the CPU is involved with this error, it's by no means certain. Most often this error occurs due to overheating (which is your situation)

A couple of questions:
1) Are you overclocking? If so, stop it until you have finished troubleshooting this error. If the error stops when you stop overclocking, then the cause is overclocking the system beyond it's abilities.
2) Monitor the temperatures without the fan blowing on the system from the outside - and then play the game. You should be able to notice a rise in temperature before the BSOD occurs. Which component is overheating?
3) You may want to ensure that you've got a good thin coating of thermal grease between the CPU and CPU Cooler (and that the CPU fan is operating.
4) Check all the fans in your system to be sure that they are operating (including any video card fan that may be present)
5) Ensure that the fins in all the coolers are cleaned out (sometimes dust remains inside them even when cleaning the outside of the cooler).

Let us know what happens and we can move on from there.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Rickz

Rickz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2008 - 10:18 AM

Answer
  • I'm not overclocking. I already set all to default.
  • All fan are working properly.
  • Just clean all the dusk in CPU. Seems that afther that (now) My pc canot boot up. When I press the power button, the green light is on, all fan running, but no boot up beep sound and just running like that. Screen nothing.
Please help me :thumbsup:
Rick

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 03 January 2008 - 11:33 AM

Not sure what method you used to remove dust...but it won't hurt to reseat memory and check all connections before attempting reboot.

OTOH, I've not proceeded with anything when I realized I had a known overheating issue on a system...until it was corrected.

Louis

#7 Rickz

Rickz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:32 PM

I suspect My mobo is dead. :thumbsup: :trumpet:
When I start my power button. No beep sound, all fan running, mobo (msi) fan slowly running/ stop running, monitor black screen.
Thanks everyone here for helping me. But I just screw up my pc more seriously. :flowers:
Rick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users