Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recording To Pc From Pc Mic-line And/or In-line?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:27 PM

Hi Anyone,

I would like to know how one can record to one's PC from the Mic-line to your PC and/or the In-line to your PC.

I have cassette tapes that apparently are not going to be put to CD anytime soon and I'd like to take advantage of what one's PC has to offer for organizing and playing audio files.

I have looked at my receiver and I do not find any resource dedicated only to going from the receiver to the PC for doing what I want to.

I see that I can hook up lines separately from the different components to the Mic-line and/or In-line on one's PC but no specific resource on the receiver just for taking any component already hooked up to the receiver to the PC.

Is this because I have an old receiver or is it for copy right reasons? Why would they not make this available.

Anyhow, I can and I am doing it the hard way by taking a line directly from the cassette player to the Mic-line on my PC. Hooked up to the Mic-line sound comes out of both PC speakers where as the hooked up to the In-line sound only comes out of the right PC speaker.

So, to make sure that I get a stereo signal recorded I would like to record from the PC Mic-line.

Only, I can't find anyway to do this, to record from either of the PC Inlines to my PC.

Does anyone know how to do this?

I've checked the Control Panel Speaker and Sound icons but find nothing that facilitates recording from the Inlines.

So, anyone that knows how to tell me the "Recording to PC for Dummies" here I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

John :thumbsup:
John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Johnz414

Johnz414
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:22 PM

Hay,

I did find Microsoft's "Sound Recorder" which will automatically record from the Inputs to the PC however, it will only do it 60 seconds at a time. And I haven't found any option to change that.

Does anyone know how to take the time restriction off of this Microsoft program?

John :thumbsup:
John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 02 January 2008 - 09:15 PM

When I downloaded my albums to burn to CD's I used Audacity
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users