Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing Properties Short Cut From Start Button

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 millsarrr1

millsarrr1

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 02 January 2008 - 01:31 PM

I've been using win 2000 sp4 on an old computer and I noticed that if I right click on the start button the properties option is no longer available. Is there any way to get this back? I'm not as familiar with this os but i thought it had this shortcut. I use this computer to play with random software I find so it is possible that there is some malware on it. I'm running NOD 32, spybot search and destroy and sygate firewall. Spybot s&d didn't find anything. I also used a couple of different registry cleaners a few weeks back, just to try them out and I haven't had any noticeable problems except that the properties option is not available. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2008 - 12:30 AM

Try right clicking somewhere else on the TASK BAR and not on the start button.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 millsarrr1

millsarrr1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2008 - 12:56 PM

Thanks for the response gavinseabrook.
I do have a properties option if I right click on the task bar. I thought that you had the same option from the start button in win 2000, but i could be wrong. I am curious as to why, if it was on the start button, it is no longer there and how to get that option back.
Thanks for your time

#4 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:42 PM

It equals out to the same thing, jus different versions of windows. You might have installed an update that removed that feature.

Gavin Seabrook

#5 millsarrr1

millsarrr1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2008 - 09:20 AM

That must be it. I was having trouble with my internet connection and I ran an update before i replaced the nic card. Thanks gavinseabrook, I appreciate your help. So would I be able to go to add/remove programs in control panel and remove that particular update?

#6 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2008 - 12:48 PM

well, if you could find it lol

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users