Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bsod On Sd/sleep/hibernate

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chaoticflame

Chaoticflame

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:17 AM

Hey, I'm having some real problems with my new laptop. It seems every time I try to put it on Sleep mode, Hibernate, or even Shut Down that it takes forever then goes to a Blue Screen and restarts itself. Now recently it has been letting me put it in Sleep or Hibernate but only once per 'BSOD cycle'. A blurry-texted BSOD will come up and say something about Power State Failure and the BIOS and then it'll restart. I did recently update my BIOS because HP sent out 'a critcal BIOS update for all HP notebooks' but that only seems to have made the problem worse because before I very rarely got the BSOD. But just last night I was only on my web-browser, accidentally clicked a wrong link, and I got a blue screen. So it seems it's not just at shut-down. I tried to use the Windows Solution and applied their hotfix but it only seems to work some of the time. What's going on here?

I checked the Problems folder and it seems I now have two different problems.

The info for shut-down problem:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 00000003
BCP2: 8507A030
BCP3: 85FDF030
BCP4: 84F59B40
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

The info for random BSOD during Net surfing:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 81CE752B
BCP3: A1A4585C
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
Server information: dc7a4414-5430-48b1-8774-96999b87313b

Computer info:
Model: HP Pavilion dv6000
Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology 1.6 Ghz
RAM: 1024 MB
HD: 120 GB
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 02 January 2008 - 01:07 PM

It sounds like it could be a bad or unverified driver.

But just last night I was only on my web-browser, accidentally clicked a wrong link, and I got a blue screen

What kind of 'wrong' link? (Some antivirus filters can also cause a blue screen)

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 02 January 2008 - 04:50 PM

BSOD's are hardware issues - and are most commonly caused by corrupted drivers. Bad hardware and malware (viruses) can cause them also.

The first one (STOP 0x9e for shorthand) is associated with power transitions - so they'll only occur when trying to change power states. http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0x9f

The other one (STOP 0x8e) is associated with a failure in a kernel mode program (a low level error within Windows). Most often caused by hardware incompatibilities (which can mean a driver or a BIOS flash is required). http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0x8e

Without further troubleshooting to attempt to find the exact culprit, the most likely driver would be your video driver. You can locate your video driver by going to this page ( http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/suppor...Display=drivers ) and finding the exact model number of your system (dv6000 isn't the exact one, it's just a category that includes 20 or 30 dv6xxx laptops). Armed with that info, you can either download the driver from the HP website - or you can opt to download the driver from the manufacturer of your video chipset (which you'd find in the specification of your laptop). I prefer the latter method, but finding laptop video chipset drivers is sometimes a real PITA.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users